Devine aroma of roasted walnuts, juicy plums and crunchy crust can really set Your head in clouds and inspire for big things. Autumn is the best time for this tart, when You can get the best and the most aromatic and tasteful plums ever.
250 gram flour (all-purpose)
150 gram walnuts
100 gram brown sugar
170 gram of cold butter
1 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons of grated orange zest
1 kg of nice ripe plums
2 tablespoons of dense sour cream
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of orange zest
2) In the mean time wash the plums, cut longwise and pit them. Set aside in a bowl.
3) Place the flour, walnuts, sugar, butter and the egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of orange zest in a food processor Pulse it until crumbly and well mixed. (If You don’t have food processor chop the walnuts finely. In a bowl mix dry ingredients first and then add yolk and butter. Work it through carefully till crumply, but not for too long, so the you don’t overheat the dough with Your hands).
4) In the bowl with the plums add 1 tablespoon of orange zest, sour cream, and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Mix everything well until the sour cream mixture covers the plums evenly.
5) Press 2/3 of the crumb mixture in an even layer into the bottom of a 24 cm tart baking form. Arrange the plums in the pan, skin-side down. Sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture evenly over the plums.
6) Bake the tart for 40 to 50 minutes or until the crust is brownish and the plums juices are bubbling. Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes.
7) Serve it warm with addition of vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream or enjoy it cold with a cup of good tea.
P.S. It was so good, that I didn't have a chance of taking picture of the slice of it. It was eaten before I could think of it:-)