When it’s grey and cold outside, take few minutes, close Your eyes and imagine Yourself at an exotic country, with romantic beaches, spicy food and shining sun and Your autumn blues will eventually brighten up. This exotic soup will definitely help Your teleportation:-)
1,5 l of Chicken Stock
1 chicken breast skinless (app. 300 gram)
20 grams of dry lemongrass or 2 stalks of fresh or pickled
8 leaves of kaffir lime leaves
6 little dry chili peppers (bird’s eye)
200 grams of dry wood ear mushrooms
2 tablespoons of red curry paste
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of coconut oil (substitute with vegetable oil)
250 ml of coconut milk
300 grams of rice noodles
1 bunch of fresh cilantro
1) 1) Wash and clean chicken breast. Cut it into bite size pieces.
2) 2) Place chicken, lemongrass, lime leaves, peppers and chicken stock into 3 l. pot. Bring everything to boil, and turn down the heat, letting the broth simmer for 15 min.
3) 3) In the meantime, wash dry mushrooms and place them in a bowl and pour over hot water, so the mushrooms are fully covered. Set aside for 15 min.
4) 4) Drain the mushrooms, chop them finely , put into broth and simmer all together for another 15 min.
5) 5) Prepare rice noodles separately according to the package direction.
6) 6) Peel and dice onions. Peel garlic. Chop cilantro.
7) 7) Pre-heat a shallow frying pan, add coconut oil, onions and press the garlic. When onion has soften, add curry paste. Stir till everything incorporates. Fry for 2 min. and add coconut milk, stir and simmer mixture for 2 min.
8) 8) When aromatic broth is ready, take out lime leaves, lemon grass and pepper. Add the coconut mixture. Boil everything for 2 min. Turn off the heat.
9) 9) Place some noodles in a serving bowl, add soup with chicken and mushrooms and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve hot!
P.S. You can substitute dry bird’s eye chili pepper with any chili pepper You can find. And if You use fresh lemon grass crush it with a knife blade first.