This is just a godsend for busy people. You can cook potato pancakes (dyruny) in larger quantities for breakfast, and then in the evening, or even better the next day evening, make a quick casserole. Very folklore and Ukrainian dish. (After making potato pancakes, let them cool down and then store in fridge in air tight container for several days).
Potato pancakes recipe You can find here.
If you do not have little pots, put everything into a heat-resistant dish and prolong the baking time by 5 minutes when the oven in on and another 10 when it is turned off.
12 medium-sized pancakes
600 g pork meat
2 medium onions
1 tbsp pork lard for frying
300 ml sour cream (preferably dense)
200 gr grated cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Slice pancakes into small strips, cut meat into cubes of approx. 2 cm, slice onion into half rings.
2) In a deep skillet, heat the lard, put the meat along with onions and fry, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until the meat is cooked through,. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 ˚ C.
3) When the meat is ready, add sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir, bring to a boil and turn off.
4) Divide sliced pancakes among pots. Dollop meat with sour cream sauce on top. Sprinkle everything with cheese.
5) Place in the oven, bake for 10 minutes at 180 ˚ C. Turn off the oven, but do not remove the pots for another 15 min.
Serve with pickles or sauerkraut!
Idea: You can add chopped mushrooms to the meat and follow the recipe.