You will need:
500 g of fresh squids without heads
A dash of vegetable oil
100 g of butter
2 middle sized onions
3 cloves of garlic
Pinch of freshly grounded white pepper
- Blanche squids in boiling salted water for about 2 min. Then shock them in ice water bath for a minute.
- Peel Your squids gently rubbing against the skin. Pink curdled skin should be easily removed. Slit open them on one side with a knife. Remove the spine and the inside of the squids. Rinse thoroughly.
- Cut squids into stripes about 5x1 cm size. Peel and dice onions.
- Preheat the pan with oil in over medium heat. When the frying pan is hot add 50 g of butter and let it melt.
- Add squids and sauté them until light browning, tossing them regularly. Do not cover with the lid, but be careful, because squids may sizzle and shoot up. Then add another 25g of butter and the onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the onions soften and cover with the lid. Let it cook for another 5 min.
- Add pressed garlic and the rest of butter. Cook another 2 min without lid stirring regularly.
Serve hot, accompanied with some steamed rice with cheese and parsley or baked potatoes, or another siding to Your taste.Bon Appétit!
IDEA: In the end of cooking add 3 table spoons of sour cream and handful chopped parsley and You will have perfect comfort food.